Is your dishwasher not cleaning well ? These simple fixes may solve your cleaning problem.
There are many common reasons why your dishwasher not cleaning well. Here are 9 fixes to solve your Dishwasher not cleaning problem.
Table of Contents
1. Check for spray arm clogs.
The spray arm is used to spray the dishes with a strong stream of hot water and detergent. The spray arm could be the reason why your dishwasher not cleaning well.
Locate the Spray arm at the bottom of the dishwasher, remove the spray arm by turning it counter clockwise and pulling up at the same time. Check all of the holes in your spray arms for clogs. If holes in the spray arm are heavily clogged, use a toothpick/Steel wire to clear the holes and then rinse the spray arm under hot water.
2. Insufficient water:
Make sure your dishwasher is getting enough water. Insufficient water in the dishwasher can be reason for Dishwasher not cleaning well.
To determine if your dishwasher is getting enough water, start a wash cycle. Open the door when you hear the machine stop filling water. The water should reach close to the heating coil. If it doesn’t, you should check float valve and the inlet valve.
- Check Float valve: Float prevents the dishwasher from overfilling with water. Float can get stuck in the wrong position in your dishwasher, and it can prevent your dishwasher from filling. Check your float assembly, replace it if you need to.
- Clean Water Inlet Valve : The water inlet valve is used to fill the dishwasher with the proper amount of hot water. If the water valve’s filter screens are dirty and debris-filled, it can prevent your dishwasher from water filling. It is commonly found on the lower left side of your dishwasher. Look for any signs of damage, wear, or cracking, visually inspect the water inlet valve. Replace it if you need to.
3. Check Detergent dispenser
Make sure the dispenser is dry and closes firmly. This allows the detergent to be released properly.
4. Check water temperature
Water that’s not hot enough won’t effectively clean your dishes. It should be between 120°F and 140°F. Before starting a load, run the hot water in the kitchen sink for a minute to ensure that only hot water enters the machine.
5. Use good quality detergent.
Getting dishes clean in a dishwasher requires good quality detergent. You can use below reasonably-priced and easy-to-use automatic dishwasher detergent that leaves dishes and glassware clean and spot-free.
6. Load dishes properly
Loading the dishwasher incorrectly can block the spray from reaching all of the dishes. If you load dishes properly, you will get better result.
If dishes containing large or hard food , remove food scraps that may be hard to dissolve in the dishwasher before loading.
8. Clean Dishwasher Filter
A dishwasher filter is an important part of the inner working of a dishwasher. If the filter isn’t clean, nothing else will be. We recommend you clean your filter once a month. Regularly cleaning your dishwasher filter is the only way to keep your dishes sparkling after every cycle.
Read in Detail : How to clean dishwasher filter
9. Clean Dishwasher regularly
Regularly cleaning of the dishwasher will increase the dishwasher’s efficiency and save you from expensive repairs down the line. Also, extend the life of your Dishwasher. You should clean your dishwasher drain and filter once a month to keep it working properly.
Read in Detail : How to clean a dishwasher